If you are a business owner who has hired an SEO agency to handle their online presence, then you probably know the importance of SEO already. You also know that it’s best left to the experts. However, did you know that there are several things that small business owners can do to help their SEO team and make sure they get the best results? Here’s what you should be doing:
- Help your team understand your business. Your SEO team needs to understand exactly what you do in order to target your audience and get the best results. Sometimes, agencies have a specific focus already. For example, while we love learning about new industries and taking on other clients, at Kite Media we are experts in carpet cleaning, cabinet refinishing, and dumpster rentals. However, SEO agencies don’t need to be experts in your field if you are willing to take a minute to explain what you do, who your customers are, and what your customers want. This information can help your SEO team target the right keywords and provide the best content.
- Get them access to everything they need. In order to do the work, your SEO team needs access to your accounts. Help your team get access to your website, Google Business Profile, and social accounts as soon as possible so that they can do their job. It definitely can be a pain, especially if you have to do something like a video verification to claim your Google listing, but your SEO team can’t proceed until they can access your accounts.
- Take photos. A big part of SEO is having fresh content, and that involves photos. Luckily, even iPhone cameras are great quality nowadays. When you are working, pull out your phone and take a few pictures of your project, your team, your equipment, etc. Send them over to your SEO team so they can use the photos on your website, Google Business Profile, and social media. This will help your business stand out from other businesses just using stock photos. As a bonus, customers love to see what they can expect from your business.
- Ask your customers for reviews. Reviews go a long way in both helping your Google Business Profile rank and inspiring confidence in your customers. Your SEO team may have suggestions on how you can get more reviews, such as review management software. At the end of the day, however, it’s up to the business owner to get reviews from their customers.
- Help your team understand your expectations. Your SEO team wants to help you connect with the customers you want to reach. If there are certain services or products you want to sell more of or areas you prefer to serve, let your team know! Together, you can come up with a strategy and reasonable expectations from your SEO service.
- Trust your SEO team. SEO is a long-term process, and it can take a few months to start seeing results. Additionally, SEO is always evolving, and things change regularly. A good SEO team knows how to handle sudden ranking drops or other hiccups along the way and get your web presence back on track. Let your team know of any concerns you have, but trust them to do their job. If you have an experienced SEO team your results will improve over time on average, even if there are bumps along the way.
Business owners and SEO agencies are on the same team, so it’s important to work together to get the best results. From providing clear and detailed information about the business to giving the team access to necessary accounts and providing fresh content, business owners play an important role in the success of their SEO efforts. By following these tips, business owners can work closely with their SEO team and ensure that their online presence is optimized for maximum visibility and success.
Of course, you need an SEO team that works well with their clients. At Kite Media, communication is the most important part of what we do. Give us a call at 435-753-7553 to see if we’re a good fit for your business needs!